Wednesday 9 April 2014

Asset Concepts

After finishing environment concepts, first asset that I designed was the train concept. As a reference I used war trains. This was the initial idea, but we've been asked to change it to less sci-fi.


Here what we came up with ( 1st design on the image)

For cargo I used this reference moodboard.


The Drill.

Next thing in the list was the drill.

We already had an idea of how it's going to look from our environment concepts, but just in case I made a few sketches, and we decided to go with a first one.


After that I rendered it in Photoshop.


The Boss.


The last thing to design was the boss. All other assets more or less can be found in the real world and are simple, like hangar or helipad, for a mobile game, they don't really require concept art, photos can be used as reference. Mainly, concepts were provided for the things that can't be found in the real world, like alien tech.

I started brainstroming the boss by making some silhouettes.


From that I kind of knew the direction and was able to make some more detailed sketches.


After some time of discussions and disagreements we decided to go with number 5. I made a more detailed lineart of that design.


Everyone was happy with the design and I was able to start rendering it out. 
In the render I tried not only to show the design of the boss but also set up the mood for final boss area and show the scale of the thing.








No comments:

Post a Comment